What is a Mail House?
Is a mail house a super-secret place built by crafty marketing engineers requiring strict security clearance to gain access? Sounds good, but no.
The term “mail house” was first introduced in 1956 by the Heidelberg News Magazine and it’s an expression that is now used for mail, print, and postage industries.
More commonly called a “letter shop” or “direct mail services company”. A mail house is simply another way of referring to a company that prepares direct mail for submitting to the United States Post Office (USPS) to get lower postage rates.
Some mail houses specialize in specific direct mail niches like postcards. Some are broader and laser print variable data letters to insert, or stuff, into envelopes. And others are full service all the way to fulfillment which is when the job requires a lot of labor or handwork.
Why you should use a mail house for your direct mailing campaigns
It is highly recommended to use a professional mail house when you have over 200 pieces or when you have variable data. A mail House is cost effective vs using staff or volunteers because:
- It requires a lot of time to organize and manage a complex bulk mail campaign.
- Printing in-house can be expensive and time-consuming.
- A professional mail house is less likely to make errors in collation (for instance, a letter gets placed into the wrong envelope).
- Most mail houses use sophisticated technology and sorting automation systems (that also add barcodes), allowing the mailing to qualify for reduced postage prices.
- Mail houses use machines to fold, insert, seal, tab and sort mail. Completing all sorting by hand is hard work.
- Mail houses own mailing permits with the USPS for sending mail at lower nonprofit rates.
Accurate Mailing Services as a full-service mail house
Accurate Mailing Services is a direct mail marketing company, you can also call us a mail house. We design, print, and mail for you or receive your pre-printed material and mail it out.
Accurate Mailing Services can also print labels, direct imprint on envelopes, as well as match letters and content to the envelope so all the pieces have the same individual’s name on them.
You can use all of our services, from design to mailing and avoid mistakes that can occur when using multiple vendors. Or, we can work with your printer and your designer so that your mailing can be processed efficiently and to post office standards.
Accurate Mailing Services is a full-service mail house. We provide:
Data Management Service
We compile mailing lists from a variety of sources, including corporate filings, public records, national directories, direct mail surveys, and multiple databases. All lists are up-to-date and meet or exceed both industry and post office standards.
We offer Business, Consumer and Resident Mailing Lists:
- Basic resident mailing lists where you want to target all addresses in a specific area
- Resident lists with the address of the recipient but no individual name.
- Resident lists with names (also new movers, new homeowners, the presence of children).
- Consumer demographic lists where you can target basic demographic information like age, home type, income, and special interests like pet owners.
- Business mailing lists that target companies by geography, industry type, income, number of employees and many other selects.
Mailing list cleanup services. Using clean-up and scrubbing technologies we remove duplicate records and standardize delivery addresses on any list that we mail. Also, we compare lists to the National Change of Address database to comply with standards set by the post office. This saves money and reduced error sending mail to bad addresses.
Mailing and Printing Solutions
We offer a range of color and mono print solutions from a wide range of printing devices. Variable data printing options are available for personalization. In addition to our postcard programs, we print and mail envelopes, merge letters, and flyers. We’re a one-stop solution for many direct mail projects.
We sort and address business mail and save money on postage, by preparing mailing projects for bulk postage rates. That’s about half the price of regular first-class postage.
Our mailing and printing services include:
- Folding (letters and self-mailing flyers)
- Inserting (stuffing of envelopes)
- Tabbing (wafer seals to keep mail closed)
- Inkjet addressing (applied directly to the piece)
- Stamping (bulk mail and non-profit stamps)
- ‘Standard’ permit imprint (US Postage PAID )
- Personalized letters (merge letters with variable data)
Postage Solutions. We offer a range of tailored solutions for local and national postage. We deliver at standard postage, offering at a minimum, discounts. In many cases, we are able to reduce mailing costs by at least 50%. Our services include delivery to the post office and receipt of the confirmation documents.
To learn about some of the other benefits of working with us, view our pages on:
Or simply give us a call to get the perfect solution for your needs today: 602-433-9101